Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Carmine J. Apicella And 82 Bayard Street


I saw the plaque above alongside Transfiguration Church recently and wanted to see if I could find any information about these World War I veterans of Transfiguration who gave their young lives for their country. The only one I could find was Carmine Apicella, who lived and worked at 82 Bayard. He was a fish dealer working for his father. Below is his draft registration card from 1918. 82 Bayard is the cream colored building in the top picture of this post. The building may have been built after 1918

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came across this post from 10 years ago. Carmine Apicella was my great uncle. My father was named after him. He was killed in action less than 2 months before WW1 ended.

Unknown said...

Carmine Apicella was my great uncle.