Saturday, November 10, 2007

Film Noir 3: Dark Corner: From 12/28/05

I watched the second in my recent film noir New York DVD acquisition, (previously mentioned in an earlier December post). The movie, "Dark Corner," was also excellent. It featured a serious Lucille Ball and she was quite a "looker." The DVD has a critic commentary feature and it was very informative. Most of the movie was shot on the New York Street on the Hollywood back lot, but there were several location shots (the 3rd Avenue El on Grand Street figures prominently). I Snapz'd stills from the movie and combined it with the NY Symphony which was used in many NYC themed movies of that era. Here's the resultant slide show See how many historical period indicators you can spot. I'm confused about the Avenue B, East Broadway bus (my "home bus" for Knickerbocker Village) being on Third Avenue.

No comments: