Thursday, April 22, 2010

Get Me To The Church On Time


Over at pseudo-intellectualism Sol is celebrating the arrival of Ike Davis to the Mets. The above song provided inspiration. The images are from the nypl digital collection
I'll take any excuse to use Rosemary Clooney and Nelson Riddle
I'm gettin' married in the morning
Ding-dong the bells are gonna chime
We'll have a whopper, pull out the stopper
Get me to the church on time
I've got to get there in the morning
Spruced up and lookin' in my prime
Girls come and kiss me, say that you'll miss me
Get me to the church on time
If I am dancing roll up the floor
If I am whistling, *whew* me out the door
For I'm getting married in the morning
Ding dong the bells are gonna chime
Kick up a rumpus, but don't lose the compass
And get me to the church, get me to the church
Be sure and get me to the church on time

No comments: