Saturday, August 16, 2008

With A Little Help From Our Friends


the world is a better place with the help of our KV friends
The Colonel eloquently reminded us that today is the 39th anniversary of Woodstock
This weekend is the 39th anniversary of Woodstock. How many of you were there? How many of you remember? At least seen the tape?
I'm in the last group, being stationed in Salt Lake City as a Second Lieutenant in your Air Force and not realizing what really was going on. I find it one of the formative events during my post-formative years, and how ignorant of its meaning until 35 years after Crosby, Stills and Nash barely, and probably unnecessarily, immortalized it.
I only know of one couple who was there. And I haven't seen them since 1974.
We've seen a lot in our meager years, that's why I am so upset with the past eight years. History is a teacher, not a book on the unread shelf.

What would think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
He gets high with a little help from his friends,
Oh I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.
What do I do when my love is away.
(Does it worry you to be alone)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you're on your own)
No, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I'm gonna to try with a little help from my friends
Do you need anybody?
I need somebody to love.
Could it be anybody?
I want somebody to love.
Would you believe in a love at first sight?
Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see when you turn out the light?
I can't tell you, but I know it's mine.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends
Do you need anybody?
I need someone to love.
Could it be anybody?
I want somebody to love
Oh...
I get by with a little help from my friends,
I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends
I get high with a little help from my friends
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends,
with a little help from my friends

No comments: