Friday, August 7, 2009

La Reyna De Knickerbocker Village


If Nancy Bueller was one of the previous queens of KV, Isabel Reyna-Torres is one of the current ones. I saw her down there prior to giving my daughter and her friends a tour in early July. We were across from the K&K in front of an excellent Chinese restaurant. She said the local's call it Linda. I worked with Isabel at PS 20 on Essex Street. She's absolutely one of the best teachers I've ever worked with and a wonderful person as well.

1 comment:

IReynaT said...

Thank you for your beautiful words. They mean a lot to me. I have fond memories of being a new teacher and how Mr. David Bellel helped me produce amazing Social Studies lessons. History and the LES were David's passion. A passion he instilled in me as a new teacher( who grew up in the LES). I only hope that every new teacher would have a David Bellel in his/her life.

Isabel Reyna-Torres, 8/7/09