Monday, September 29, 2008

And The Beat Goes On


Today we found Nancy Sing Bock.
Thanks for letting me know what this is about. I lived in the Smith Projects. Many of my friends in my classes in elem school lived in Knickerbocker Village. It's great you are getting people from the old neighborhood back in touch with one another. I will check out your blog.

Today Nancy Merrill found us
Just found this site and love it.
I was a KV resident from 1953 to 1983. Went to Nursery school in the basement, PS 177, Camp Madison Felicia, Hamilton House, PS 12 and Seward Park.
Loved the pics from the reunion but wished you had put names with faces. I only recognized Paul Levine. Please let me know when the next one will be.
My sister Patti and brother Jimmy grew up there too. Please list Patti and I in your roll call. Jimmy passed away Dec. 2005.

Above is a video of Gene Krupa battling Buddy Rich on a Sammy Davis Jr. special. The audio is Buddy's daughter Cathy with the Buddy Rich Band. Lew Meyers should enjoy, besides I never did like Sonny and Cher.
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da
Charleston was once the rage, uh huh
History has turned the page, uh huh
The mini skirts the current thing, uh huh
Teenybopper is our newborn king, uh huh
Chorus
The grocery store's the super mart, uh huh
Little girls still break their hearts, uh huh
And men still keep on marching off to war
Electrically they keep a baseball score
Chorus
Grandmas sit in chairs and reminisce
Boys keep chasing girls to get a kiss
The cars keep going faster all the time
Bums still cry "hey buddy, have you got a dime"
Chorus

No comments: