Monday, June 21, 2010

How You Become King Of The Lower East Side


A compilation of stills and video encompassing the scavenger hunt destinations for the King of the Lower East Side contest.
I had a lot of trouble because I thought Lasky's Shoe Store
and Sosinsky and Sons Shirts would be on the tour and I couldn't find them.
from Newsies
A pair of new shoes with matching laces!
A permanent box at sheepshead races!
A porcelain tub with boiling water!
A Saturday night with the mayor's daughter!
Look at me I'm the King of New York!
Suddenly I'm respectable staring right at ya lousy with stature.
Nobbin' with all the muckety mucks I'm blowing my dough with gowin' deluxe.
And there I be aint I pretty?
It's my city I'm the King of New York.
A corduroy suit with fitted knickers.
A mezzanine seat to see the flickers
Havana cigars that cost a quarter
An editor's desk for the star reporter
Tip your hat, he's the King of New York.
How 'bout that! I'm the king of New York.
In nothing flat he'll be covering Brooklyn to Trenton, our man Denton.
Makin' a headline out of a hunch.
Protecting the weak and payin' for lunch.
When I'm at bat strong men crumble.
Proud yet humble.
I'm (He's) the king of New York.
I gotta be either dead or dreamin'
'Cause look at that pape with my face beamin'
Tomorrow they may wrap fishes in it
But I was a star for one whole minute
Look at me I'm the King of New York.
Aint ya heard? I'm the King of New York!
Holy cow
It's miracle
Pulitzer's cryin'
Weasel, he's dyin'
Flashpots are shootin' bright as the sun
I'm one highfalutin' son-of-a-gun
Don't ask me how
Fortune found me
Fate just crowned me
Now I'm king of New York
Look and see
Once a piker
Now a striker
I'm the king of New York
Victory!
Front page story
Guts and glory
I'm the king of New York!

1 comment:

Katie said...

This video is so awesome! Congratulations on your win. - Katie, Lower East Side BID