Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Postcards From Buster


An excerpt from a yesterday post from Pseudo-Intellectualism. It's traditional that Jewish people eat their Christmas dinner at a Chinese restaurant. I dragged my wife and daughter to my old childhood one at number 21 Mott Street. It's now Hop Kee instead of Lichee Wan but it's still good. Christmas hymns were coming from Transfiguration Church. Here's a previous post about #21 Mott Street
This is another example of great resource "transfiguration." I'm using that word because my family had dinner at a Chinese restaurant near Transfiguration Church in Chinatown. I don't know what the favorite buzzword of the talking heads is, but what I'm referring to is when accessible and motivating multimedia curriculum appear on the scene and teachers can take advantage of it and modify it for their students. That's the case with Time Warp Trio and here with Postcards with Buster. Yes, I know this is San Francisco's Chinatown, but there are many similarities to Chinatowns in many major cities The pbs show has a great site with games and songs. This link takes you to the episode that the show above refers to Perfect for geography and perfect for third grade social studies' themes. They even have the lyrics of the songs so kids can read along

No comments: