Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lu Ann Simms: Blue Jay 1959


One of my favorites from my 45 collection. I finally found it.
Jubilee Records, 5370 - Lu Ann Simms - Image Of You / Blue Jay - 1959
Not quite sure if I have the correct number of yips and am I hearing correctly, is it
he loves or she loves a girl?
Baby lou
Baby lou
Baby lou
I know a boy and his name is jay
He loves a girl who is miles away
She doesn't love him
Doesn't think much of him
That's why jay is blue
ooo ooo ooo___
Blue jay
Yip, yip, yip
Moping like a blue jay in a tree
Yip, yip, yip
Won't you ever take a look at me
Yip, yip, yip
Can't you see how you how happy you can be with me
Can't you see
Yip, yip,, yip, yip
Why love a lover who don't love you
Baby lou
She's just a girl who cannot be true
Why be a blue jay
When my love for you jay
I'm so right for you
ooo, ooo, ooo___
Blue jay
Yip, yip,
Moping like a blue jay in a tree
Yip, yip, yip,
Won't you ever take a look at me
Yip, yip, yip
Can't you see how you how happy you can be with me
Can't you see
yip, yip, yip, yip
You look so lonely and I know why
Baby lou
You need a love nest where you can fly
Baby lou
I beg of you jay
Say you love me too jay
Then we'll bill and coo
ooo, ooo, ooo___
Blue jay
Yip, yip, yip
Moping like a blue jay in a tree
Yip, yip, yip,
Won't you ever take a look at me
Yip, yip, yip,
Can't you see how you how happy you can be with me
Baby lou
Can't you see how you how happy you can be with me
Baby lou
Blue Jay
Baby lou

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon Lindy was the proud owner of one of these dolls.....She also met LouAnn and her husband

wademe54 said...

my mother named me after Lou Ann Simms and I have never found anything about her. Today at the eye doc I met a girl named Lou Ann who said her father named her after Lou Ann Simms. Any info I would love. wademe54@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Lou Ann

I , too have the intersting blessing to being named for Lou Ann Simms. I was born in 1960. My Father said that he was driving to hosptial to visit me and Mom and was listening to a song by Lou Ann Simms and that is when he decided htat was my name. Seven Days later i might add.

Anonymous said...

Lou Ann Simms was a singer on the Arthus Godfrey radio and TV shows on the CBS Network in the 1950's.

Anonymous said...

I was named after Lu Ann Simms in 1953 and when I tell people some remember her. I would love to see a picture and know what she is doing now.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I just stumbled onto these posts while I was looking for information about Lou Ann Simms. I was born in 1955 and was supposed to be named Mary Lou. My dad heard a song on the radio sung by Lou Ann Simms and liked it so much, he put it on my birth certificate.

Anonymous said...

I too am named after Lu Ann Simms. However, like many of you others my name is spelled Lou Ann. I too was born in 1960.

Unknown said...

My father named me after LuAnn Simms in May of 1955, my mom said he loved her. He spelled mine Luanne though.

Anonymous said...

I was just trying to find something about Luann (sp?) Simms. I'm named after Patti Page and Luann Simms (Patti Luann - 1953) Cool to know so many others were too!

Anonymous said...

I too was named after Lou Ann Simms. I was born in 1950.. My parents loved her singing. My name is spelled Luann. So nice to hear of so many of you with her name. I had no idea you guys were out there :-)

Anonymous said...

Might as well add my name for posterity. I too was named for LuAnn Simms and my name is spelled LuAnn. My parents too thought she was a beautiful singer and named me after her. It wasn't until later much later that I learned she was a singer on the Arthur Godfrey show. I was finally googling her to see if I could find out some info on this woman I was named after. That is how I found this blog. I was born in 1954. I had never heard the LuAnn again all my years growing up. It wasn't until about 6 years ago I ran across my first other LuAnn. Now I see it all the time with different variations. I really never liked my name but after reading and finding out info and seeing a picture of this really pretty young woman I am beginning to like my name. Thank you for the blog and information on this singer.

Anonymous said...

I too was named after LuAnn Simms. I was born in 1954. I just found a picture of her. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I was named after Lu Ann Simms...... Y'all are claiming being named after her, also, but I see Lou Ann, (wrong spelling!) and LuAnn..... Mine is spelled and looks as her name did. Lu Ann... The end

Luann said...

I was named after LuAnn Simms like all of you. I was born in 1954 and like many of you my dad loved to hear her sing on the Arthur Godfrey show and when my parents had me, he wanted me named LuAnn. When I had my daughter, my dad had just passed away so I took Simms and made it Simmer and named her Simmer LuAnn. She was a beauty and a voice to match. I however cannot sing :(

Lou said...

I'm adding my name to the list here. Mine is spelled Louanne, and yes, I too was named after Lu Ann Simms in 1953. Both of my parents loved Ms Simms. This is the first I've seen any information about her. Pretty cool to read all these posts :).

Anonymous said...

I too was named after Lu Ann Simms in 1953. My mom was a big fan of the Arthur Godfrey show and loved Lu Ann's voice and thought it was a pretty name. My name is spelled exactly like hers. Would love to hear a recording.

Unknown said...

I too was names after Lu Ann Simms. I was born in 1953, my grandfather adored Lu Ann Simms. Do any of you have a middle name? I do not, all my siblings do. I kind of tought I was special😊 I spell my name without a space. LuAnn There isn't a lot of information about Lu Ann Simms, but enough to get an idea of who she was. I think its quite special my grandfather named me after someone he adored.