Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reunited


Marty Hyman sent along these pictures from Saturday which I put into a slide show.
I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
That breakup we had
Has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you
'Cause I want you back
Hey, hey
I spent the evening with the radio
Regret the moment that I let you go
Our quarrel was such
A way of learning so much
I know now that I love you
'Cause I need your touch
Hey, hey
(Chorus:)
Reunited, and it feels so good
Reunited, 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're reunited
Hey, hey
I sat here, staring at the same old wall
Came back to life just when I got your call
I wished I could climb
Right through the telephone line
And give you what you want
So you would still be mine
Hey, hey
I can't go cheatin', honey; I can't play
I found it very hard to stay away
As we reminisce
On precious moments like this
I'm glad we're back together
'Cause I missed your kiss
Hey, hey
(Repeat chorus)
Lover, lover, this is sudden love
And you're exactly what I'm dreamin' of
All through the day
And all through the night
I'll give you all the love I have
With all my might
Hey, hey

1 comment:

RodreyesAviles said...

I had the extreme pleasure of attending that most touching and whimsical get-together this past Sunday. It was for me, as for most everyone else, a pleasurable, memorable afternoon. To be reunited with old classmates Marty Hyman and Eddie Toby was pure magic, and as I said to them both, as close as I think I can get to being young again, if even for a few hours. What surprised me was the comfort level I had with so many people I didn't really know. Our shared history was more important than our differences, or years apart, and I enjoyed the "six degrees of separation" as I connected with people who knew my sister Valerie. Also, it was special being able to tell Sid Birnbaum's daughter's how their father's kindess had affected me. As a member of the flower generation, I can say that the reunion more than matched anything I ever encountered during the summer of love!! Hugs to you all.

Rod Reyes Aviles